Thread: Cat Problems?
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2008, 11:50 AM   #1
no3yshhc0la
No Longer a Member

Default Cat Problems?

About a year ago, my brother adopted a cat named Sinatra. for himself from a rescue group. He's one of the sweetest cats I've ever seen. Sometimes, I get the impression that he's half dog because he rolls over and always wants his belly scratched. Anyways, at the time when my brother got him, he was living at home in the basement. His job was rather a far drive so he ended up getting an apartment out closer by his job. He of course took Sinatra with him after a week of settling in. He had no problems adjusting to the new territory.

Quite some time passed and my brother went through some pretty rough times and ended up having to move back home and back in the basement. When he had his job, he was gone pretty much the entire day, so I'm sure Sinatra slept most if not all of the day while he was gone so when he came home he was wide awake. Lately, my brother has been having a problem with him, constantly waking up either in the middle of the night or early in the morning, meowing and crying constantly, just walking around the basement. My brother will get up and feed him which will satisfy him for a little while, but then he'll start back up again. We're not sure if he just wants his attention (unfortunetely in the middle of the night/early morning, my brother is in no mood to play with him) or if he's bored or if something else is wrong. Its gotten bad that sometimes, he has to lock him in our laundry room in the basement (he puts his litter box & water dish in there of course) and has to shove a pillow under the crack of the door so he doesn't paw at the door and make it rattle. When I got home from work this morning, I found my brother upstairs sleeping on the couch. Sometimes I wonder if Sinatra's just trying to get the best of him. Anyone have any thoughts? I've been considering buying him some kind of play place and maybe that'll keep him occupied? Any advice/thoughts will be greatly appreciated.
no3yshhc0la is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!