View Single Post
Old 12-08-2008, 09:19 AM   #14
Gypsy & Me
lovin my girls
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkiedaze View Post
The only time I have ever seen a dog "drop" their coat like that is when they were traumatized by something. Like being in a strange kennel or being mistreated and abused. I think I'd take her in for a skin scraping to see if it could be mites.
Skin scrapping is the next route if this course of treatment doesn't work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella's mom View Post
Those pictures remind me of how Stella's issues started. It makes me think she pulled the hair out and what didn't come out broke off. We still are inconclusive about her after $$$$ spent. Look at the little bumps you mentioned to see if they are like little pimples with puss because if so she could get/have a staph infection. Stella was/is very sneaky about the hair pulling. We've had skin scrapings, massive blood work etc....which comes out negative for mites or thyroid issues. I'll be looking for updates
This seems to be very similar Vi. You were right about the pimples too, it's where she's licked and licked and it's become infected. Hopefully this treatment will work and it was a one off issue otherwise we're going to have to go the skin scrapping route too and she said that can £300, ($600), upwards! It's cost me £50, ($100), for today just for some shots and tablets!
Gypsy & Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!