View Single Post
Old 11-30-2008, 03:49 PM   #22
Wrenee4
YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkieisme View Post
Now that makes sense..........all it took is to lay it out. Thank you............now I might keep looking and saving, and get one. What is a protein C test? Is this something I need to have done for Chino. Remember you are talking to a pet owner and a new one at that. This is why I asked the questions on the price difference in the first place.
Your welcome! I hope it helped a lot Their prices will go down as more come puppies come around - don't worry!!

A protein C is a test to check on how the liver is functioning. It checks for how much protein C is in the blood and what has been filtered out by the liver. If you get a super high protein C result then that means the liver is not filtering correctly. I actually requested this test to be done before I bought my Emmie Lou! Our vet thinks that there are just WAY too many things that throw off a bile acid so they thought this was a great idea! They do draw a lot of blood and I would be scared to do it on a puppy, but no fasting is required. No vets around my area offer a bile acid without fasting overnight
I chose to do the test to make sure that she was totally healthy before I rehomed her since she was just 2.4 lbs. That is not something you have to do though - same as what registery you go with - some are much less expensive

Last edited by Wrenee4; 11-30-2008 at 03:53 PM.
Wrenee4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!