View Single Post
Old 11-24-2008, 07:54 PM   #3
C C Kent
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmaxxx28 View Post
Hello everyone on the site. I am new to the website and wanted to say hello. I decided to get a teacup yorkie for my mother for her b day being that she'd been dying for a pet. His name is "Shea" he was 8 weeks when we had gotten him. He's adorable, very, very smart for a young pup. The first night we laid a pee-pad out he went right on it and has been going on them for as long as week had him (about a month this coming week). I have a few questions as I am starting to become worried about him. No matter what toys we buy him he's constantly biting our hands when we pet him. He loves to play this way but I don't want him to become used to biting everyone like its normal. No matter what we do he's constantly biting our hands, when we walk passed him he continues to attack the feet (Which i'm sure is just a normal thing). He barks like crazy at us for no reason some times. I know he is a baby and is teething but I'm curious to see if they all do this? Any tips & tricks would be helpful.

Thank You.
Welcome to YT! Congratulations on your new puppy. It will be helpful to know the age of the puppy when giving advice. The mother will normally socialize the puppy to help him understand how hard to bite when playing but he does need to understand that it's not OK to bite people. I would suggest playing with him in such a way as to encourage biting the toy and not the hand. When he does bite the hand you can cry out as though he has hurt you and say no. It will take some patience in reinforcing this but he'll learn if you are consistent in correcting him. I'm sure others will have additional advice... Good Luck!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!