View Single Post
Old 11-24-2008, 08:45 AM   #7
BamaFan121s
Donating YT 10K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8l1982 View Post
If i decide to breed these two, is this a popular breed?
No, it is not a popular breed because it is not a breed at all...it's a combination of two breeds.

Quote:
I mean the fur of the silky is really sleek and easy to maintain compared to the yorkie. Plus the yorkie is a miniature and she is a teacup. It might make a really cute mix in that aspect. Or as some would call designer dogs.
"Designer dogs" is a pretty commonly frowned upon term...not something to brag about. The same can be said for "teacup" Yorkies--there is no such thing. Also, when combining two different breeds, as you have mentioned, although one of the dogs may have a more desireable trait, that is no guarantee that the resulting offspring will. Before breeding these dogs, or any dogs for that matter, you should take great effort to educate yourself on the breed and the breeding process. Also, have a valid purpose for breeding...don't just do it for the fun of the experience.

Quote:
I just re-homed her this weekend. am having little luck with finding information on mixing the two online.
I think that in this case, that was probably the best move. No mistakes or hard lessons from breeding when not prepared and she will be able to be the center of someone's world as I'm sure she deserves to be.
BamaFan121s is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!