Thread: Microchipping
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2008, 12:04 AM   #13
EbonysMom
Senior Yorkie Talker

Teeth microchipping!

I just had my Dixie done when I had her spayed and my twin daughters had their male yorkie Teddy done when he was neutered a couple of weeks ago. Most definately you should register him, otherwise what good did it do to get him microchipped. We had a poodle that we found another home for about a year ago with a wonderful elderly lady. When she only had him for about three days one of her neighbors came to her door and flung it open and shouted that she wanted to see the new dog and scared this dog to death. He bolted out the door and was gone. My entire family went to help her and all the neighbors find this dog. This was in a very large senior citizen complex. We could not find him anywhere. It was a long night. Everyone was so worried, this complex being next to major highways. The next day I had animal control show up at my door with the dog. Someone had found him and turned him into the police dept and the only way they were able to find out who the dog was was that he still had on his county license tag which was registered to me. Boy was this a happy ending to what could have been a terrible story. I did return him to the new owner but before I did I went and got him two ID tags and made her promise she would make a immediate appt to get him microchipped. He is doing fine now, and she did get this done. This whole episode made me realize that microchipping is so important and worth every penny. Any dog I ever get from now on (although I think I will always have a yorkie now forever) will be microchipped. It is worth it and good peace of mind in this crazy world. I read just a couple of weeks ago that a family in Florida was returned a dog that had been stolen from their yard like years before because he was turned in somewhere in like Ohio and they scanned him and found out who the real owner was. That owner said they thought they would never see their dog again. Another happy ending! Just do it, you won't be sorry!
EbonysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!