View Single Post
Old 11-22-2008, 07:24 PM   #32
wayne2075
No Longer a Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLC View Post
It is not a matter of worshiping the creature more than the creator...It's the senseless abuse that is taking place for the love of money - to me, that's evil taking over, as there are 'plenty' of other sources of income for ppl to survive on
Nicole, I thought I would answer you, not to change your thinking but to inform others who may have judged me with your anti fur comments. Your comments almost stopped the subject of the thread "chocolate yorkie genetics" which others were receiving info on.

I was born an grew up on a farm here in Montana. Our community was all farming related. My father was a farmer with cows, pigs, chickens and rabbits. We milked our cows by hand. Just think about that the next time you have a glass of milk. This was my life in the 1940s and 1950s. I started breeding rabbits when I was 8 yers old and sold them to a local meat shop. Yes, people ate rabbits then and some still do. Upon entering High School, I joined the FFA [Future Farmers of America] Our AG teacher taught some genetics on farm animals but the most important thing he taught was the care of the farm animals. Proper diet, housing etc. I also learned some genetics and plant genetics at the university I attended. I became intrested in breeding fox when I visited a fox farm in the early 1950s. The genetics of the colors facinated me. I am still facinated by the genetics, especially in my yorkies. Now the Chocolate yorkie. If you want to judge me for the lifestyle I was raised with thats OK as most city people wouldn't understand this culture and heritage.

I do agree with you about abuse of animals. I have seen 3 very bad puppy mills which need to be closed down. This is not who I am. I am a older man who is still facinated with how our creator has made everything especially the genetics and the Chocolate Yorkie Bye All
wayne2075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!