View Single Post
Old 11-21-2008, 08:48 PM   #75
cj125
Mia, Max and Moe's Mom
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwerten View Post
lol i got dee dee out of the penny saver and she did not save me at all lol - i actually thought i was doing better by getting her from an akc breeder and dexter was from the local pet store.

I really think people get from pet stores like I did because they just do not know any better as i sure did not until I joined the groups because dexter got pancreatitis and i think i am a pretty intelligent person but I had no clue and i think most people do not and why it was so wonderful when oprah did the show on puppy mills as i think most consumers really do not know sadly

I was willing to pay top dollar as i almost paid $3000 from a pet store for a girl yorkie and paid $1500 for dexter and $1300 for dee dee. I did not want to get dee dee from pet store as i thought i was doing better getting her from akc breeder but still had no clue about puppy mills when i got dee dee 5 mos after dexter. I wanted dexter to have a little buddy. Then i saw demi on petfinder a few months after that thinking i would rescue her as i learned about petfinder but still had no clue about puppymills. I wish more people would join groups such as this before getting a puppy and get info from experienced dog owners as i said it before and will say it again I wish i had.

It is so true what someone else said after my post it is not only the financial strain it is the emotional strain in watching a puppy with health issues suffer. Luckily I have mine all managed but it has not been easy and i think many people get frustrated with the sick ones and cannot financially afford them so that is why so many end up in shelters and rescue as these people did not know what they were getting into upfront
Exactly. You said it better than I did.

I didn't know about any of this until after we got Mia from Petland, she got sick, and hubby found YorkieTalk. And, like alot of us will admit, I wish I would have had the info beforehand. Not that I wish I hadn't gotten Mia, just that the circumstances would have been different.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!