View Single Post
Old 11-21-2008, 08:07 PM   #1
wayne2075
No Longer a Member

Animal Smiley 049 Chocolate Yorkie 2

Hi, I had addressed genetics and mutations on Choc Yorkie earlier. I had some that appreciated what my opinions were. Others talking between them selves thought I was a kook without a response to my thread but outside of the thread. I will give some info about myself and genetics. I bred thousands of fox and rabbits commercially for over 25 years. There is much that yorkie breeders do not know about genetics as to the color gene. I am still learning. I have been breeding yorkies now for over 15 years with the best AKC breeding show quality stock I could buy. When my female yorkie had 2 chocolate puppies, I wanted to know why. Some of the responses were they thought it had to be recessive genes in both the male and female. The Chocolate yorkie is called a mutation, Why? Where would the color come from? I had asked for some scientific info with no response but only opinions on simple recessive and simple dominance genetics. Color genes are more complicated than that.
During my experience breeding fox and rabbits colors mutated. The brown gene was called the cinnimon fox. I developed many color phases from this one mutated color such as platinum, fire and ice, amber, pearl etc. I had one litter of 5 fox puppies from 2 black fox parents that gave me a platinum, pearl,amber, black and cinnimon. These were all started from the mutation cinnimon fox. Something has to cause the gene to mutate, this is what I am trying to find and I think it is from something outside the norm of simple genetics. I will only respond to info that has scientific reasons that I can learn from. Wayne
wayne2075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!