View Single Post
Old 11-20-2008, 05:28 PM   #40
Lorraine
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinehaven View Post
There are a number of different Biewer clubs, and their rules and standards seem to differ from one club to the next. It would be to the Biewers benefit to be determined as not being purebred yorkies. I believe one of requirements with AKC to allow a new breed into the registry, is that the new dog breed must have several different breeds making up the new breed? The mars test showed that the biewers tested, were made up of several breeds ... but the test also states that it is not made to test pure bred breeds (why? does it not correctly show that a pure bred is a purebred?)
The test is still realitivly new so at this point I'm not sure I hold a whole lot of faith in the testing.

Well, I beg to differ with you. I have seen golden born yorkies, out of and by AKC parents ... these pups are clearly born in shades of tan through rich gold, with clear coats and no saddles - they look like yorkies as pups and as adults.

Yorkie Valley

Chocolates are no more prone to health and skin conditions than traditional colored yorkies are ... it's the blue born yorkies who have health and skin problems.
You can see golden born yorkies out of aKC registered parents as there was no DNA tests in the past that would prove dogs in the pedigrees were the actual sire and dam. Too late now as where the gold likely first turned up are no longer around.
There is no solid gold in yorkies born that colour. If they were clear coats with no saddles then they definitely are not a purebred.
Off colours caused by recessive genes such as the chocolate is pretty much always going to be health issue.
Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!