View Single Post
Old 11-19-2008, 06:14 PM   #23
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by C C Kent View Post
At the risk of hurting some feelings (definitely not the intention) I do think that some of the Biewers are stunningly beautiful, however...

What I don't get is the idea that a certain color, or combination is rare. What is actually rare is quality. So few people are interested in quality, or capable of producing it, that it's just easier to push novelty as having value. Basic homework will give enough education to produce novel colors or combinations, but can it be done while maintaining health, structure, grace, movement, balance, sophistication, profile, temperament, etc.?

I admire those who devote themselves to researching and producing only the best, whether it's a Yorkie, Biewer, Parti, or another breed, all are to be commended because they are a dying breed themselves. Sure they would love for the program to support itself, but since that rarely happens they continue because they love the breed and the accomplishment.

The point being is that a poor quality dog of an unusual color only has value to the person who cannot see the fact that it is a poor quality dog. A well bred, healthy, structurally correct dog... of any color... and the person who bred him is the real rarity. JMHO
Excellent post! I'm not sure most people even understand what "quality" means, and therefore obvious things such as ultra low weight, or novel colors become more sought after.

Join today and remove this ad!