View Single Post
Old 11-19-2008, 11:44 AM   #31
Bhikku
YT Addict

Personally, I like Lola a lot better. She looks exactly like my teapot yorkie Ollie in the face (same longer face, tilted ears) and he's a complete sweetheart and very intelligent/confident, despite his sometimes pensive expression. Lola does look less like a "standard" yorkie though. Ultimately it's your decision.

I disagree with people who say you should always wait until 12 weeks to get a puppy though. I got mine at 8 weeks and he's perfectly well-adjusted. I actually think his young age helped him bond to me very quickly.

I'm not saying waiting until 12 weeks is detrimental or anything, I just think an 8 week old puppy is old enough to leave its mother. 6 weeks though? No way. My parents got both their Golden pups at 6 weeks and didn't have any problems, but I can see very easily how they might have.

I do think it's better to see the breeder's compound, the parents of the pup, and the general conditions the pup was raised in, but it sounds like you've done your homework. Good luck in picking your pup.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!