View Single Post
Old 11-12-2008, 09:21 PM   #15
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillbillyBelle View Post
Update on my post about pineapple for poop-eating. IT WORKED!!!!!!!!! I fed small treats of canned chunks twice a day for 7-10 days (can't remember exactly) but my Biro/parti baby has stopped. I even have a new puppy who never had the treats and Hana leaves that poop alone too. I hate to brag cause she will probably start again as soon as I send this, but it worked. I will give pineapple treats occasionally to make sure she remembers. I did not put the pineapple in their food but made sure each one got 1/4th of one chunk.
I have used Accent by the tons and all it did was make them thirstier. Forbid didn't work. Those tablets didn't either. So, just keep trying til you find something that works for you..
You should have never used Accent, it's has loads of sodium in it and it's very bad for a dog. Adolph's meat tenderizer is different and specifically it should be unseasoned meat tenderizer, as the seasoned has too much salt. Meat tenderizer has the same ingredient as pineapple, which is called bromelain and it an enzyme, which softens and digests proteins. Some dog foods don't have an easy to digest protein, and the dog smell undigested protein in the poop. So he eats it again. Bromelain predigests the protein, so there is little nourishment in the poop, and therefore the dog isn't tempted to eat it. Anyhow, I glad you found success, just wanted to warn others that products containing sodium should be used with extreme caution.

Join today and remove this ad!