View Single Post
Old 11-08-2008, 03:28 PM   #9
JeanieK
Donating YT 12K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkieShadow View Post
Oh I do understand that, I use to breed. and your right there are so many people that think oh I want puppies lets stick these two dogs together. its happening to much. and I do agree get the word out. There is a Big chance you can lose your female. and there to many people who breed and dont know the first thing about it.
But what I was saying it sounds odd for a breeder to just say i would suggest that unless you are prepared to lose your baby, that she not be bred.
when they see that you too are doing it and taking the same chance with your females. even the best of breeders can lose their female. complicatons can arise any time with even a good breeder. Im not saying dont say it. yes they do need to know it. its not out of line in saying it either. Im just saying it sounds odd coming from a breeder that is breeding a female with out going into more detail.
Yes I agree it could have been worded a little different. But a breeder does know that this is a risk and is prepared. or at least we think we are. I have never lost one, so not sure how I would handle it. I'm sure there would be a ton of guilt and a lot of rethinking my decison.
JeanieK is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!