View Single Post
Old 11-08-2008, 03:23 PM   #8
YorkieShadow
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanieK View Post
To answer your rquestion, breeding is not something to be taken lightly. You had better know what you are getting into and the risks involved.

Most people that ask the question to breed or not to breed, are not wanting to put a lot of effort into research, they just think it would be fun to have a litter of puppies, and they are not prepared for the risks complications.

So for someone to bring up the questions, are you prepared to lose your dog? Have you thought about the risks? Could you forgive yourself if something happened? is not out of line. The person asked for advice and she got it.

Most people do not realize that losing them is even and issue.
Oh I do understand that, I use to breed. and your right there are so many people that think oh I want puppies lets stick these two dogs together. its happening to much. and I do agree get the word out. There is a Big chance you can lose your female. and there to many people who breed and dont know the first thing about it.
But what I was saying it sounds odd for a breeder to just say i would suggest that unless you are prepared to lose your baby, that she not be bred.
when they see that you too are doing it and taking the same chance with your females. even the best of breeders can lose their female. complicatons can arise any time with even a good breeder. Im not saying dont say it. yes they do need to know it. its not out of line in saying it either. Im just saying it sounds odd coming from a breeder that is breeding a female with out going into more detail.
YorkieShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!