View Single Post
Old 03-09-2005, 09:12 AM   #10
chloeandj
Tinkerbell, My Little Flutterpup
Donating Member

Default I have this same problem..

I can really sympathise. I have this same problem but with my maltese. I am her main caretaker as well. She is a year old and we got her when she was 4 1/2 months so already a bit set in her personality. And she is scared of my husband. Loves kids! and tolerates strange women but if a man walks in the room she bolts away or barks and barks at him. My husband hates this too. We have gotton her to the point that she actually enjoys him a lot when he is laying on the couch with a blanket and will cuddle up with him. He had to speak very soft or cutesy to her and offer lots of treats now she jumps right up with him as soon as she sees him lay down. She does not like the deep voice. She has just recently let him pick her up but only is he is sitting. If he is standing up and he tries to pick her up she runs with tail tucked. She will play with him cautiously if he is on the floor laying down. The larger the person or deeper the voice she finds very scary. I really don't know why. It has been a bit heart breaking. My husband is determined to have our yorkie puppy like him and holds her a lot, feeds her breakfast and helps with the potty training chore... hopefully this helps with the bonding.
Good luck, Jodi
chloeandj is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!