View Single Post
Old 11-02-2008, 03:54 AM   #95
Shelby&Seymour
"& Seeger, too"
Donating Member

Rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruby2sday View Post
I'm so happy I found this site. I was beside myself when I first posted. I didn't think I could live with the guilt I felt. It is getting a tiny bit better. I realized I'm not alone. So many of us have had losses. These little dogs are so fragile.

We did get a new pup. She is the ugliest Yorkie I have ever seen, but my husband is already crazy about her. He needed a little girl to love.

I
I am really sorry about your little girl. It sounds like she was pretty special.

For some people, getting a new dog ASAP is a good thing, for others a longer grieving period is needed. When we lost a lttle dog about 5 years ago, my hubby and I grieved a LONG time. Our vet told us the best thing for us would be to get another puppy.... but we didn't, and felt miserable for months....... and finally we got Shelby. The vet was right....... we should have gotten her sooner (probably right away). It doesn't "replace" the dog that died..... but I think dog lovers have so much to give and and why waste days?.... there is a dog out there that needs LOVE from a family!!!! Sounds like it was just what your hubby needed.
Can't wait to see pics of the new addition.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!