View Single Post
Old 11-01-2008, 07:42 PM   #2
SamiNFurbabies
YT 500 Club Member

Vanessa,

He probably has an ear infection--- the doctor would have to see that.
Izze was having horrible ear infections when she first came to me... and i'd put the drops in and clean them myself but nothing worked, until I took her to my new groomer. Now, I don't pluck...just wash her hair (with cotton balls in her ears), clean her ears, and put ear powder for drying. The groomer gives her a real good ear clean every 6-8 weeks.
Please realize that this is not going to be a perfect dog. You using that word concerns me. He is going to have issues--especially since he is adjusting to a new home. I have 4 dogs---2 from puppyhood, 2 rescues and none of them are perfect. Your parents must understand this.
Oh. And dogs are very expensive, especially with dentals. I have to take mine for dentals every year, and it costs me $400-$700 (+) for each dog for a teeth cleaning(I make sure that ALL precautions are made, including the vet administering the anesthesia, constant monitoring, constant iv fluid and watching the blood sugar). Then you have to add on exams, shots, unforseen circumstances, food, toys, etc...
Not trying to discourage you, but you have to be realistic and your parents need to know that this is an expensive, time consuming, lifelong responsibility. He won't be perfect...but he will be worth it!
SamiNFurbabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!