View Single Post
Old 11-01-2008, 06:50 PM   #1
nneessaa
YT 500 Club Member

Default Help- Teeth, Coat, and Ears

Some of you may know I went to see a perfect little Yorkie, house trained, good with people/dogs, rarely barks. Perfect. Anyways, I am taking him until Tuesday to see if he works out. If we are leaning towards keeping him we are taking him to the vet on Monday for a checkup.

So, I noticed a few things. First is that he has really itchy ears. Not all the time, but when you rub them he kind of wants to to scratch his ears. It is not because he likes it they are itchy. He sometimes shakes his head when you touch near his ears. I looked and he has hair in his ears and I read that was supposed to be removed.

Next, his coat looks liked this dog (and he does):
http://www.top-dogs-names.com/images/yorkie.jpg
It seems to tangle fairly easy (it has been wet- could that be the cause?) but has darker colors than that dog and is a little more silky. His hair is about 3-4 inches long so that may be another cause of tangles.

Finally, he has two teeth next to each other. They don't seem to bother him but I think they would need to be removed. How much would this cost? Does anyone have a picture of how a Yorkies mouth is supposed to look? He is almost a year old so maybe it is baby teeth or something? I don't know when they lose their teeth.

I want to be prepared for what costs I'm going to have to deal with. I posted this here instead of in grooming because I only have him for a few days and I want to make sure I'm doing the right thing by keeping him or not.

Vanessa
nneessaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!