Thread: My Yorkie died
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2008, 03:02 PM   #89
mypreciouspups
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruby2sday View Post
We took our two Yorkies in to the vet on Monday to get their teeth cleaned. Two hours later the vet called to tell me the smallest had "arrested" as the anesthetic was being administered. This was not her first dental and not the first time she had been put out for a procedure. Needless to say, I feel so guilty. She was a happy healthy 7 year old Yorkie and I paid someone to kill her. I'm just sick. Her teeth were so bad and we couldn't get her to chew on knuckle bones, the vets recommendation. I thought I was doing the right thing.

I'm sorry, but I just have to cry out to someone. Has anyone else had any experience with this?

Girlie, I am just seeing this now.. I am so sorry to hear that this happened to you. It is so heartwrenching when this kind of thing happens to us..I do want to say that I too lost a 5 year old by a vet. He was in getting his shots.. and the vet administered to him a shot he had an alergic reaction to the year before.. this time it was fatal.. Had just finished telling me at that appointment how good his teeth was for 5 years old as he had not had a cleaning.. I was screaming and crying in the vets office and did not get as much as I am sorry. The vet paid for his creamation. I suffered for months with out the best buddie I had ever had in my life.. I still think of him all the time.. especiallay the month of November.
I did move on to new loves in my life and I love them dearly. I know without them I would not have been able to keep going.. They have kept me busy loving them and it has helped me tremendously...
If you ever need to talk.. I know what is it is like.. I have lost not only one yorkie at 5 years old, but two..
When my kacee had to have his teeth cleaned awhile ago.. I was so scared I just sat waiting for my phone to ring.. I was so afraid of losing yet another 5 year old.. Please do not feel quilty, although it is always easier said then done..
hugs to you.. anne
mypreciouspups is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!