View Single Post
Old 10-31-2008, 09:47 AM   #5
bellasmomok
♥ love my girls!! ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellie May View Post
It's so funny when vets try to given advice on nutrition because most of what they know, they learned outside of vet school, so you could have the same amount of knowledge as him... Ellie's vet said straight out that they learn very little in school and I could talk to a nutritionist and look online.

Nutro is the one blamed on all of those problems...

I have never seen any study that would indicate that high protein causes renal or liver issues but high protein shouldn't be fed if there is a preexisting condition. Whatever you're comfortable with... I personally lean toward lower protein but have no scientific anything to back that up.

Dehydration is very normal when they aren't allowed to have water before surgery. I wouldn't worry about it and if you want to be extra cautious, you could retest in a month.
Good advice. I will do that!! In the meantime, I'm going to start giving her kibble in the AM and then NV raw Lamb (I found a place that sells 1 lb. sample bags so I can try it) in the PM. If that exacerbates anything, we'll know when we test again in a month. If she truly had any problems, I would think feeding partially a grainless diet would make sure the values were abnormal when we check again......if they're normal, that would mean she's really normal I would think (because if she wasn't normal, the high protein would just make it worse....)
bellasmomok is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!