View Single Post
Old 10-29-2008, 09:40 AM   #11
Coco Pebbles
Senior Yorkie Talker

I am new to this, too. When I first got my Pebbles I experienced the same thing. She was great going on the Pee Pee pad then we started having accidents. Then I read a site on potty training and it made all the difference. I was giving her too much territory. Now I only give her a small area at a time. Then when there is no more accidents,you slowly start giving them more area. It has been really working for Pebbles.

So I started in the kitchen... she hung out with us in the whole kitchen, when I wasn't with her she was in her Xyard in the kitchen (with a pee pad in a litter box, a bed, toys, and a bed.)

Then I added sitting on the sofa with us, when she didn't want to stay on the sofa with us, she went in her yard.

Then I gated the office. She stays in there with us and our other dog and every hour I take her outside to potty (you could alway take her to his pad at the stage.) If she didn't potty, she went into her yard. She either went on her pad or I would take her back outside to go. After she goes in either spot, she would get to go in the office again to play with Oreo.

Just recently I added the family room and kitchen as an area to hang out with the family but I can't leave her unattended. If we are not with her she goes back into her yard with the pee pee pad. I still take her out to go outside.

This is working really well. She has very little accidents, and if she does it's my fault usually because I didn't follow the routine because I got too busy doing something and wasn't paying attention.
Coco Pebbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!