View Single Post
Old 10-28-2008, 12:40 AM   #1
YodyGirl
Yorkie Yakker

Angry Beware Northern Utah Emergency Vet.

PLEASE READ FOR YOUR PET'S SAFETY
Animal Emergency Center.
2465 N Main St # 5
Sunset, UT 84015
(801) 776-8118‎

I just can't say enough times, or things about this HORRIBLE place. I had a boxer several years back, she had a bad reaction to eating a banana. We took her to this place, all they wanted to do was charge us for everything and guarentee nothing. After being there for 3 hrs, we decided to just go home. The wanted to runs some tests in excess of $600. We still paid the $200 EMERGENCY FEE.

2nd experience, 7 months ago. My friend had a sick pup that was born with a heart murmur, but since it was the middle of the night, she took her new born pup there!! (SAME VET). They wanted to run a blood test, and said maybe the pup was hypoglycemic. (????) Hello, maybe?? So my friend took her newby pup home, and went to her regular vet at 8 am.. The puppy had a heart murmur and they had to put it down. ARE YOU SERIOUS ?????
She was at the vet, what they don't listen to the heart?? Oh h*ll no.

Tonight 10/27/2008. My mothers yorkie went into labor at 9 pm, I went to my mom's house to help her out. After 2 1/2 hours of labor and no puppy, we had NO choice but to go to the Emergency Vet. They said it was $70 to check out the dog. After the Vet came in, here we go, now comes the fees. They said that they needed 1 x-ray cause they can't tell what's going on. They came back w/2 x-rays, (we never okayed the 2nd) then the Vet said she needed an emergency c-section. He had his assistant come in to show us an $800 bill. I said no to a few things that I knew wasn't necessary. I asked about the x-rays, she was like oh well. I asked her to fix the bill, guess what.. she came back with the same amount because now they were going to charge for all the "little" things that they weren't before!!!
They demanded $800 UPFRONT. My mom said the banks not open, she'll have the full amount in cash when they opened at 9am. They tried to get her to sign for a special credit card with their bank. Then said, nope we can't help you. And if you leave your dog here, we will have you charged for animal abandonment. And by the way, if you don't do this now... your dog is going to die because of a stuck puppy. They had my mother so upset I thought I was going to need to take her to the emergency room. Sad to say, the yorkie is at home with my mother, I hope that when her Vet opens at 8 am that it's not too late.

NEVER NEVER EVER WILL I GO TO THIS PLACE AGAIN !!!! I'LL CALL ALL OF UTAH AND 1/2 OF THE SURROUNDING STATES TO STAY AWAY!!!

IF YOU LIVE HERE IN NORTHERN UTAH (DAVIS COUNTY AREA) PLEASE STEER CLEAR. THESE PEOPLE ARE MONEY HUNGRY CARELESS COLD HEART-ED PEOPLE.

YodyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!