Thread: Winter Jackets
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2008, 11:37 PM   #23
yorkiegirl83
Love My Furbabies!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley V View Post
I'm sure it's got the strongest velcro ever... I'm just paranoid with Smokey because if and when he does get loose... he runs and runs and runs and no one can keep up with him. I'm not concerned with Chip cause he stays next to mommy :-)
Oh totally, I know some of our babies are tricky ones no matter how tight we secure them in! My Bentley is definitely a trickster for sure so he stays on a standard harness all the time because he likes to back up and pull forward and be a little Houdini !!

I really appreciate all the opinions here! It's interesting to see what others see as winter coats . I have had 4 legged joggers and heavier parkas that seemed to irritate my babies to the point where they wouldn't walk in them, so I guess this was out of necessity for my "kids" Some of them are picky clothing wearers!

I do personally find them to be warm enough for us and Winters up here in NY because the flap on the tummy is very wide so it covers nearly all of the belly and the fleece really holds in the warmth from their little bodies -- but I am going to look into making a few with sleeves for those who prefer some additional coverage

Would those of you that prefer sleeves and more coverage like to see velcro or snaps -- closure on the top or the bottom? I know with my wiggly guys getting a jacket velcrod underneath is just not happening, LOL! Is the preferred fabric the parka material, or more of a thick fleece?

I've had so much fun with making these coats - I love how snuggly it feels to start preparing for the colder months!

to everyone!!
yorkiegirl83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!