View Single Post
Old 09-20-2005, 08:51 PM   #1
Snow Yorkies
Biewer Passionate
Donating Member

Cry I feel terrible !!!

I received a phone call today from a kinda family member (Cousin in law to my brother) Christy. While visiting here in Alabama, Christy wanted to come to my house and see all my yorkies. The proud Mama that I as I extended the invitation to come. While visiting we spoke in depth about yorkies (Christy raises Maltese) and she has been very interested in yorkies and fell in love with my babies. Christy wanted to know if I knew of anyone that had any yorkies for sale and I did. So I called the breeder and she had two males available and was open to us going to see them late that afternoon. Well, needless to say we came back to lower Alabama with this male puppy. Christy was aware that the puppy had recieved his first shot and had been wormed, just days before we went up to look at the boys. While we were picking up the pup it was noticed he had tapeworm. And Christy went to my vet and recieved treatment for the tapeworm. Christy left two weeks ago and took the puppy to her regular vet for a routine check up and the vet decided to give the pup his second set of vaccinations and worm him again, just two weeks after his first series... I will try to shorten this story, the puppy became very ill with seizures, vomiting, ect... He was taken to a emergency vet clinic they told Christy the pup was wormed to much and his second set of vaccinations were not suppose to be given. Even though she explained to the vet everything he was give he still gave this pup his second series of shots, this vet was claiming the pup was showing classic signs of liver shunt. Christy call me yesterday and was asking me about the disease and could this breeder have this in her lines. I am thinking I sure hope not I have these lines. Well, the puppy died this morning and Christy insisted they open him and look at his liver and it was normal. And the emergency vet was correct on the cause of his rapid illness. Now, I feel so terrible for the pup, Christy and the breeder as I was the one that brought them all together.
I just feel like I am somewhat responsible to everyone. But this poor little pup has to lose it's life because of a vet that doesn't know how to vaccinate a pup properly.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!