View Single Post
Old 10-18-2008, 08:45 AM   #4
Belindtch
Donating Yorkie Yakker

Love

I have 3 yorkies. Alyssa is 5 years old and was the only furbaby for 3 years. She never learned to play with other dogs...just mommy. She would bring me a toy and I threw it for her to fetch. She plays alone with her toys but not with other dogs. Then I brought Emily Kate home when Alyssa was 3. I was working full time and felt sorry for her having to stay home by herself so much of the days. Alyssa hated Emmy. She ignored her and had nothing to do with her. In March of this past year we added Lucy a four pounder to our home. Alyssa ignored Lucy for 5 months. She acted as though she was still the only furbaby. During this time Alyssa and Emmy have started fighting. They have had about 5 major fights. One fight ended up costing over $800 at the vets for Emmy. Usually Alyssa starts the fight and Emmy goes after her too. Emmy can jump up to my arms so if I have Alyssa in my arms I have to keep Emmy away from her. I went and bought a training collar (l0 levels of shock preceded by a verbal sound) to use on Alyssa since she was starting the fights. I spent over $100 for it at Petco and it is still in the box. I can't bring myself to use it.
The last fight occurred two days ago. I had all 3 girls on leashes in the walking park. They all started barking at a guy with 2 dogs. They all barked and barked with me saying "No Bark". Finally, Alyssa jumped on Emmy and a fight resulted. They would not let it die. They kept growling at each other. I managed after awhile to get one in the back seat and one in the front. I came home and let their daddy get them out and talk to them one at a time. They knew why they were in trouble. When he put them down they are fine.
I have decided that it is jealousy with my two girls. They both want quality time alone with me. If one is closer or getting something the other one is mad. Yesterday I took the older, Alyssa to the park...just Alyssa and me. We had a great time. She did not bark. She was very loving to me as if to say "thank you mommy...I love spending time with just you." Today I will take the middle dog and tomorrow the young one. That way one gets to go and two get to stay home. Maybe someday I will be able to take all of them together again. Hopefully!!!!!!!!!

Lucy Dexter
Belindtch is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!