View Single Post
Old 10-17-2008, 06:00 PM   #68
rrosenberry
& Bailey & Bella
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalina82 View Post
I've seen this surgery many times. i don't know how your vet is doing this but it sounds like he's going thru the belly and then through the back end? you said this surgery is in two parts. can you explain? i've never heard of this being done, or the use of mesh, or bandaging for that matter. The only thing i can think of for two surgeries is if its a bilateral perineal hernia. Then we only do one side at a time.

I'm sure jack will do well with whatever your vet does. Just remember to give him metamucil for the next month to make things easier to come out.
In Bella's case the hernia had happend a long time ago, and she had a lot of scar tissue so he had trouble finding good tissue to close her up so he used the mesh to strengthen the area, so it would not open again and he also said her muscle had been torn from the abdomanal wall??
I think the wrap was to keep it all in and tight.. kind like the wrap I had for my c section.. TIGHT. And to keep her from messing with the stiches. She only wore it for a week.

Here is her stiches which once the wrap came off, they went half way up her belly. She is still very swollen there, you can see where the hernia was the puffy part, it is all flat now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bella's surgery 001.JPG (119.8 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg Bella's surgery 004.JPG (105.1 KB, 19 views)

~Anatole France~

Last edited by rrosenberry; 10-17-2008 at 06:05 PM.
rrosenberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!