View Single Post
Old 10-16-2008, 07:41 AM   #104
katelin
YT 1000 Club Member

So, so happy for you and Peaches. Things should normalize now and everyone thrive.

My moms usually pant alot during the first few days. Their milk is coming in and they are adjusting hormonally, so I don't think that is abnormal. I always give whelping pudding right after nursing, this may help with the shaking.

All of my moms needed to be hand-fed the first few days after whelping. I hold the water bowl up to them so they don't have to move much to drink. She needs lots of water for her milk production, so offer this many times during the day (and night).

I had to actually hold the kibble mixture in my hand for them to eat. Again, not asking them to move from the bed at all. Are you supplementing with Pet-Cal for calcium? Breeders handle this differently, but I always supplement. I crush 1/2 tablet of Pet-Cal and mix it with a couple spoonfuls of cottage cheese. I continue to give this morning and night until they have weaned the puppies. Other breeders just offer more dairy-type foods. Ask your vet about this if you are unsure.

Good luck.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!