View Single Post
Old 09-19-2005, 11:01 PM   #1
Rowdy's Mama
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Cry My babys sick since he had his shots

I have a 2 5 month old male yorkies and last Friday they had their first round of shots, for parvo and distemper, and my little Rowdy has been sick every since, Chevy on the other hand slept for about 4 hours from stressing but is fine, except he is sad about his brother being sick. Rowdy would not eat anything Friday and was just listless. Saturday he felt like he had a fever and started vomiting and having direha. I called the Vet and asked him if it could be a reaction to the shots and he said No, to give him kaopectac and small amounts of water at a time and not to try and press him to eat. On Sunday he was vomiting more, a lot more listless, his poop was white and he had no energy at all, but direha was slowing way down. On Monday I took him to the Vet and he said that Rowdy had all the symptoms of Parvo and that in no way could it have been from the shots and he gave me a antibiotic and some pills for his stomach, told me to give him water, a teaspoon full to give him Karo syrup and no food for 12 hous and to call him Tuesday afternoon and let him know how Rowdy was. He did not run any tests or do any blood work, which concerned me, I want to know what is wrong with my Baby, Rowdy cannot even keep the water down, he threw up as soon as we got the medicine down him, which we had to fight him to get him to take it. 3 hours after that he can't hardly hold his head up his eyes look blank and he does not even try to get up so I called another Vet he said he could not say what was wrong but to give him a Tablespoon of water every 20 minutes and if he was still vomiting tommorrow to bring him in. Needless to say it is 2 in the morning here where I live in Indiana and we have no Emergency Vets. I have been giving Rowdy drinks every 20 minutes and times he does not want it, his vomiting has slowed down but his intake is less, he was very thirsty, he lived by the water bowl and earlier he wanted to drink and drink and drink. I am just beside myself this is my first experience with yorkies and I just love them to death. I am trying to make him better but he is only getting worse, and the Vet does not seem to know what is wrong either, I have decided that I am going to take him to another Vet tommorrow, I only pray that I have not waited to long listening to the wrong Vet. Does anyone have any suggestions or has anyone had any problems with their yorkie after getting their shots ? I have 5 dogs all total and Rowdy is the only one sick so I think his idea of Parvo is wrong. Desperate in Indiana. Thanks Bev.
Rowdy's Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!