Thread: Picky Eaters!
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2008, 08:12 PM   #10
artie merlino
YT 500 Club Member

Love A Hungry Dog will Eat!

Been There, Done That all of the Above........Since I have 3 Yorkie's I've had to experience "3 Pickey Eaters"! I even went to the extent of Cooking a Homemade Chicken Breast for Breakfast every Morning. Sorry Everyone but I hate to break the Bad News to You but They will EAT when they get Hungry!
Without all the Special Effort & Preparation. Since they are so small the eat or rather "Nibble" on plain dry kibble throughout the Day, I leave it out during the Day so they can get to it whenever they are Hungry enough to eat.
Especially after their morning pooh pooh run. Dogs Do NOT Eat like Humans,
it's not Comfort Food or Snack Time in Front of the TV. for them. They EAT to Fuel their Bodies for Energy, therefore if you are NOT exercising them enough to burn their Body Reserves there is NO need for them to replenish their System by Eating. My suggestion is to take them for a long walk and I bet you they will eat anything you put in front of them. By you constantly changing or sprucing up their Meals so often to cater to their "Pickeyness", you are in essence "MAKING" them a Finickey Eater. Dogs don't want choices,
Dogs are Followers and YOU are supposed to be the "Pack Leader/Alpha".
I LOVE my Dogs, but I'm not a Slave to Them, every thing I do for them I do
willingly since I am completely responsible for them? But there is an extent?
Some things are so Simple, yet we make it so complicated.
I hope I did NOT offend anyone with this Post that was NOT my Intention.
I just wanted to let everyone know that Yorkie's are NOT as complicated as they are made out to be? Mine seem to have NO more Problems and eat plain dry Royal Canin mini 28. Good Luck!
artie merlino is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!