View Single Post
Old 10-06-2008, 06:18 PM   #1
cinnamonmon
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Do you feel guilty when you spend too much time away from your dogs?

I know there are people on here who dont even believe you should leave your dog alone to go to work. To each their own, but I definitely am not one of those people. I support my family so have no choice but to work full time. That said, other than when Im away at work, I feel guilty for leaving my dogs at any other time for more than a couple of hours. I can see how it really could impact your life though and Im not sure its a good thing, or even normal. Truth be told, I dont have that active a social life to worry about, but I would like to do a few more things and dont because of the dogs. As long as their basic needs are met, does it really hurt them to spend time alone once in awhile. They are dogs after all and I think we tend to give them human qualities (at least I know I do sometimes) when they dont exist. Maybe Yorkietalk is a bad place to ask this question as I know people on here tend to be pretty crazy about their dogs, but seriously, does anyone else have this problem? My husband thinks Im nuts about these dogs.
cinnamonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!