View Single Post
Old 10-06-2008, 11:41 AM   #1
Babz
YT Addict

Default Vacation in the mountains - found out Mocha has carsickness :(

So I went to the mountains for a vacation with my family. Mom, Sis, Stepdad, and my 2 babies of course :P

On the way there, Mocha puked 4 times.. FOUR. We took so many breaks. My stepdad is great that way.. I never really took her anywhere on a car before, so I didn't know she has motion sickness or something like that.. Anyways, we kept a little bit of the window open, and I gave her little amounts of water every 10 minutes.. And she's fine. I think she just puked her tummy contents out? I didn't have net coverage in the villa and my vet (ALL vets) are on holidays too because the last week was Muslim New year's holiday, so everybody was unavailable. I tried not to worry so much, and I just used my logic.

On the way back, she puked twice. I fed her 3 hours before, about 3/4 her usual so as not to overwhelm her with full stomach. She went potty before we went in the car. Both my dogs weren't in crates or carriers, they lounge on the car seats. Mocha STILL puked twice. I was upset but what to do.. We were in terrible jam, the windows were open, so it was like we were taking breaks anyways. We stopped at a resto to eat and the dogs had a bit of walk on the gardens. Mocha was romping as usual so again I tried not to worry too much. Gave her a few pieces of kibble to substitute for what she lost. Then she slept the whole way home.

I was soooo scared when she started puking, but it's my fault for not researching. The holiday wasn't planned, I had no time to research, and I wasn't gonna board my pets. I know, still my fault. I had thought to stay at home but my mom will be upset, so I went anyways. But we're home now and she's as normal as can be. Even when I had to leave them in my room at the villa with my other dog, she was fine. No separation anxiety, no probs at all.

Is there anything you can give them or do to help them with carsickness? Any personal experience?

P.S: I did get cute pictures tho...
Babz is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!