View Single Post
Old 10-01-2008, 09:48 AM   #8
dwerten
BANNED!

ok first do not get too worked up if no signs like not wanting to eat, head pressing, seizures etc. next join this group and learn a ton Liver_Shunt_And_MVD_Support@yahoogroups.com before any further testing. Post biles can be high due to gall bladder contraction. My dd had post of 73 then 54 now 26 and she is mvd and she is on low protein diet no supplements as she is not showing any signs of liver disease -- treat the dog not the bloodwork so do not panic until you learn more about this as if not higher than 100 then it is mvd not liver shunt in most cases - dr. dodds liver cleansing diet is excellent if you can home cook. I see dr. dodds for my dd hypothyroid issue. She is in garden grove, California. So before putting your dog through a bunch of tests learn more first as most vets are not very knowledgeable about it and the only person i would trust is dr. tobias at university of tenessee or dr. centers at cornell university if it were a shunt - I learned a ton on that yahoo group when i was scared like you as they wanted my dd to get a scinitography asap in tustin but i said no way not until i learn about it as she has not signs of this disease so please do not worry until you learn more
dwerten is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!