View Single Post
Old 09-29-2008, 06:58 AM   #1
PrincessLila
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Need Urgent advice on Vet diagnosis, Please!

(boyfriend using girlfriends account)

1 1/2 yr old yorkie full of life, recently started having soft stools/diarrea. Took
her to the first time vet we visited when she was a baby.

Took her on Saturday morning and kept her there thru weekend. Monday morning we call and she said it looks like she had a virus for some time? and signs of gall bladder disease? And that the dog had a rough weekend and didnt eat. (To me thats normal, that's the personality of the dog, she is sooo attached to my GF, she goes crazy when she's not around. And of course, if you are in some unknown place, probably in some cage with funky blanket and the good ol nutritious science diet shiat, of course she's gonna have a 'rough weekend').

When I hear virus/gall bladder disease, to me that sounds serious. I can't really feel 100% certain with this vet. She mentioned she want's to keep her there until she stools better and eats normally. The dog was eating fine before going in there. She eats great food and treats, I'm sure in there she's getting a diff brand and we all know what brand is that.

My girl left a deposit of 300$..I hate to be blunt but I asked the vet was is this going to cost, leaving her there until her stool is not soft anymore. She said ballpark figure $100 per day.

This is what upsets me. In the beginning months of yorkie when I first purchased her, we went there for all the shots. Then came the spaying time. She said she can do it which was like 400$ but said she prefers not to do it and actually referred some place that strictly does spaying.

We werent too happy with the place she recommended so decided to stick with her and pay the bigger fee. We called and called to set it up and she simply ignored us, not return phone call.

Headed out to the place she orginally recommended. Place was horrible and stenched out. Vet in there look like some evil frankenstein. Cancelled that place and chose a animal hospital in a different city.

Now after I hear york has had 'virus' and gall bladder, I asked If I can pick up the puppy for about 2 hours. She said why and I simply told her I wanted to get a 2nd opinion. She immediately got defensive and said if I get a 2nd opinion for me to stay with that doctor. That sounds totally unprofessional to me.

This is the way I see it. If she referred us to a spaying place and just 'didnt want to' do the spaying and ignored all of our calls when we wanted her to do the procedure and pay the extra money for a small spay procedure, what makes me think she is competent to handle a gall bladder case, if it escalates to something serious? Will she wait if the york got worse then recommend else somewhere else if she doesn't want to handle procedure?

We humans have a right to 2nd opinions, why not our yorkie? This is a LIFE we are talking about. Now I feel the york is hostage in there and if I get a 2nd opinion I can't go back. If something does go wrong in the york, I don't want to curse down the road and wishing I could turn back time to get that 2nd opinion.

Am I just talking out of my arse here or not? Anyone had experience with the yorkie and diarreah type stools with occassional blood in it?
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!