Thread: glucose
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2008, 08:22 AM   #16
Ladymom
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wemple2 View Post
I think I will go ahead and allow the Vet to start Winston on an anti-seizure medication. If it is his glucose causing it I don't think this will prevent them...I'll have his liver function checked regularly.
The thing that makes me believe it's not low blood sugar is that he gives no warning...you would think he would act differently if his glucose was going down too low...or maybe he just simply doesn't exhibit the lethargy that most people speak of. One minute he can be running around playing ball and in an instant he is down and seizing.
I pray each and every time I come home, after leaving him alone, that I find him happy and healthy. He is confined to the kitchen and I believe he spends most of his time alone sleeping...conserving energy/glucose.
Thanks again for all of your suggestions and concerns...I take it to heart. All I really want is what's best for my boy.
I think that sounds like a good plan. The liver damage from phenobarbital is over a long period of time so it certainly wouldn't hurt to try it short term and see if it makes a difference.

I agree with you. Lady has had some hypo episodes because she is on insulin and it is very obvious. She staggers around and acts drunk.

Idiopathic epilepsy is so hard to diagnose since there is no test. It's basically a process of elimination.

I pray that seizure meds help Winston and the two of you can return to a normal life. Please keep me updated!
Ladymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!