View Single Post
Old 09-27-2008, 03:43 PM   #1
Labellavita
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Question Blood in the stool

Hi all! I am new to this forum as I just got my first Yorkie yesterday. Whoo hooo! I have wanted one for years! My name is Gina and I live in New Jersey. His name is Frankie and he is 4 months old. I got him from a breeder in Missouri and he traveled on a plane to get to me yesterday. He is the sweetest thing - I just am so in love already!

Ok, so although breeder had taken him to vet on Wednesday, I still wanted to take him to my vet. He went today and unfortunately the typical vet who usually is there was on vacation and I did not like the stand-in vet at all. Anyhow, he threw up on the table twice - so we are chalking that up to stress. However, he pooped on the table (happy that he pooped as he hadn't done that for me yet) but unfortunatly there was blood present. His stool wasn't loose - it was somewhat formed - and the vet stated he could have colitis and could also be a number of things.

He started talking to me about starting him on antibiotics and running all these tests. When he left the room, the nurse stated that he could have possibly just been holding so much in that it did something to his insides and possibly that's why there was blood. He suggested waiting a few days, feed him boiled ground beef and boiled rice, and see what happens. She said it could be just the stress. Hmmm?

I'm a little nervous. Any advice? I guess this isn't just a Yorkie question but a puppy question in general. I do have a Yorkie question but I won't post here since it's not an emergency.

Thanks everyone! I look forward to getting to know all of you and your Yorkies!

Gina
Labellavita is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!