View Single Post
Old 09-26-2008, 01:43 PM   #13
KimberlySRN
Twins=double the fun!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillbillyBelle View Post
I would never have thought of using the postal service so creatively. Way too cute!
Okay, I know I am gonna sound like the nervous Nellie that I am, but has your vet said anything about muscle mass loss or any other sign of LS? Your baby is most likely is still just adjusting to a whole new life and routine and, just a thought, but maybe her breeder had fattened her up a bit too much. And, maybe she was still nursing and being fed at the same time when you took her from the breeder. I know a person who feeds her Yorkies at all ages stuff you cannot imagine-sausage, gravy, hot dogs, burger and such, cause she likes fat puppies and dogs. If your baby is just "lean and mean" then no worries but maybe your vet would do a blood panel and stool just to make sure that nothing is going on to keep her from gaining weight.
We did do a stool sample not too long ago that came back negative, and her blood work was all normal. I had my vet check her knees, but she said she is a bit young to check but that she looks fine.
The breeder only fed them kibble and Suri's mom had weaned them off of her. (Occastional sips here and there) But no table scraps or treats.
She has the same condition she has had, just a little bigger and fluffier. I guess I'll just keep an eye on her. I am giving her nutrical and yogurt on occastion because we are swtiching her food. So far no loose stools.

Anakin Bella
KimberlySRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!