View Single Post
Old 09-21-2008, 04:05 AM   #13
ladyj
No Longer a Member

Rose pulling

Quote:
Originally Posted by maritoma View Post
Ok, I'm a phone call away from calling in a trainer, so any suggestions will be appreciated. My soon to be 1 year old is incredible stubborn but very smart. I have been able to train him to sit, stay, lay down, roll over, and much more. The things i cannot concur are, when i walk him on the leash he pulls and pulls. I have been trying to stop wait until he comes back to me than start walking. I did this for 30 min. yes. but he would start off good and after a few minutes start pulling again. Also the other thing is he goes completely crazy when he sees a big dog, he only does it with big dogs, but he barks a very weird bark, lunges at them and is out of control. I'm worried because one of these big dogs might attack him some day because of his behavior. How can i get him to stop this?
I've seen the lady on "It's Me Or The Dog" show how to handle this. When the dog starts pulling or barking, immediately stop and go in the opposite direction. Do this every time he starts pulling or barking. It worked for her!
ladyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!