View Single Post
Old 09-19-2008, 07:13 PM   #7
Suzy
2 Pups=Double Trouble!
Donating Member

Their dog stuff always sells really well. I'm sure they're just redoing the line, probably with an Oct 1 floor set for fall if everything is clearanced right now. They need to sell all the merchandise, then take down everything in those aisles-the marketing, the display shelves/hooks, and then reset it all, and it takes quite awhile. Then they have to receive, unpack, and hang up all the new stuff, and it has to look just like the pictures in the catalogs they get from their marketing/merchandising dept. (Which is why all the displays look very similar in each Target you go into.) You know how they do that with the home stuff? First it was ALL Thomas Oldham, then Thomas O'Brien, then Global Bazzar, now Issac Mirahi (sp), etc. They get a TON of stuff all by one designer, and it all has a theme, and goes through a few seasons-and all the tags/marketing material on it is similar. Then when that contract is up they move on to something else. I'm sure that's what they're doing with the doggie stuff-just fun new brands/lines for fall/winter! YAY!

(I used to work in management at a national childrens' clothing chain, and we had to reset floorsets with each season/sale, and I actually worked at Target at the same time...I have no inside scoop on Target now, FYI, but this is my best guess at what's going on!)
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!