View Single Post
Old 09-19-2008, 06:19 AM   #1
sherjoy
Senior Yorkie Talker

Love Why won't my puppy eat dog food?

Our little Abigail is doing well after a nervous start. We have had her now for two weeks. She was a little over 9 weeks old and weighed 1.6 lbs. and was the runt of the litter. She has settled in very well and she loves us and we love her. She is growing but because she was so small, I was very nervous when she would not eat the food that the breeder sent home with her--both dry and wet food. The breeder said that she had been eating well when I got her and she had been to the vet the day before and was deemed healthy. When I consulted the breeder about Abby's lack of interest in eating, she said to try eggs with cheese which she ate some but not much. I was nervous and would call the breeder and she would suggest giving her some boiled chicken and ground beef. She LOVES chicken and will eat the beef as well. BUT, I can't get her to eat her dog food and she will turn up her nose and not eat all day if you try to get her to eat the dog food. I've tried several different brands and it is becoming wasteful and expensive. I don't mind her eating human food but I do worry that she is getting the nutrition that she needs. What should I do?
sherjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!