View Single Post
Old 09-17-2008, 06:42 PM   #1
littlelady
Currently Suspended!

Cry Davey has Diabetes and liver disease

On 9/07 little Davey looked as if he went blind and didn't know us. He wouldn't follow us with his eyes and just wanted to walk in circles holding his head to the floor. We took him to the emergency vet and after blood test his ammonia level was 414, glucose was only 109, this test was done at 10:27 in the morning he had Nutrical, but no food yet.
He was put on Lactulose and amoxicillin.
I took him to another vet in Michigan for a second opinion and he has been diagnosed with Juvenile diabetes and liver disease. At first the vet had informed me he had successfully done surgeries on yorkies for portal shunt if it was exterior, but he could not guarantee anything. But after checking his urine with a multistick and noted it was positive for glucose then he said he is no longer a good candidate for surgery and would have to be put to sleep.
I had bought this puppy for my daughter for a birthday present. He has been sick for one thing or another since we got this puppy.
I just left the vets office crying. I have not told my daughter what he had told me. The vet is going to call me with the ammonia and Bile Acid test he drew today.
littlelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!