View Single Post
Old 09-15-2008, 07:46 AM   #39
bchgirl
Donating YT 10K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by veguroev View Post
We went to my in laws Friday morning. No traffic, no problem to get there. It usually takes us an hour and we made it in 45 minutes. MIL was ready with food and water around 11:30 pm started to rain and get windy, we went to bed and couldn't sleep all night. Power went out around 1 am. Everybody was up we couldn't sleep. The area were the in laws live it's a very wooded area with big trees and stuff, well the next morning it was a mess. In laws have a generator and that helped to keep us cool. We left the truck in the driveway and a tree next to it fell, luckily on the other side were there was nothing, otherwise we wouldn't have a truck.!
No power, no phone service even cell phone calls didn't go thru we try to go to a parking lot close (kinda) to see if we could get good reception, but there were trees all over the roads and streets it was a big mess!!, we couldn't make it to the parking lot.
We just wanted to know if our house was ok. Later that day we came back home, but it took us 3 hours to get home. Traffic wasn't so bad, it was the roads that were flooded and police had to close them, therefore we had to take alternate routes. We finally made it home! no damage but a few shingles missing and debry all over the yard. No power, my cell phone is dead by then and couldn't charge it in the truck b/c I left the charger at the in laws, anyways. We slept with the windows open that night. It was HOT!!!, yesterday morning we spent all day cleaning up the front yard and the fridge too. We got power around 5 pm, but not phone line yet, which at that point it wasn't a big deal as not having power, but of course I wanted to get online().
I don't have to work today neither does my husband, so we are going to clean up the back yard now! and get cook a nice warm lunch.
Thank God nothing bad happened in my area or to my house, and I'm grateful for that!
Glad to hear your family and home made it okay.
bchgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!