View Single Post
Old 09-15-2008, 07:40 AM   #48
chattiesmom
Donating YT 10K Club Member

Thumbs up Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyhawk View Post
The darker colors aren't frowned upon, in fact they are quite popular in the ring right now. Darker and Off are too different things. A yorkie should be blue and not black though it may take up to three years for their adult blue to come in. My Denali is dark, her mother is a redleg. She was bred to bring pigment in my line that will hold as the dogs age. A black dog is actually incorrect in the color genes and can pass on an incorrect gene to it's children. Correct color in the yorkie isn't easy to breed for so show breeders are very careful to keep incorrect color out of their breeding program. Here's a pic of Denali, she's a very dark blue at 17 months and hasn't cleared on her head yet.
Thank you for your very qualified explaination of the colors. Your kids are absolutely stunning. I did a search on redlegs because I am not very familar with the term - and I would like to thank you also, because every time someone has asked about redleg yorkies, you have been there with photos and a very qualified explaination.
chattiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!