View Single Post
Old 03-06-2005, 08:39 PM   #13
Raiza
Senior Yorkie Talker

Hello frankiesmommy and all:
I do the grooming myself to Cosita. With an electric shaver, I shave the tips or her hair, between her toes, and around her "butt". She never has poopoo sticking out or anything, however, every now and then I like to bathe her bottom cuz when she goes pee she probably gets her hair pee (I do this between her normal full baths). We snuggle with her as well in bed and I like her cleaned at all times. I must say that I always get up about 12:30 - 1:00 am and put her in her crate. I guess I still have the feeling that either one of us can roll over and suffocate her while we sleep. Then I get up about 6 am to take her out to pee and we snuggle some more in bed with her until is time to get up and take a shower to go to work.

Going back to the grooming, I cut a little bit of hair around the corner of her eyes (tear section), they say is good so she does not get hair poking her eyes, but I don't know if I like that cuz she always has hair sticking out no matter if I cut or not. I think if I let it grow right there (around the eyes), the hair will be long enough and won't bother her. I'm thinking of trying that. Does any one think it is good cutting their hair around the eyes? If so, can you give me some tips on how to do it the best?

The only thing that kills me is trimming her nails. I sweat every time I do that. Every now and then I cut a little bit more of what I should that she then bleeds. Thank God I don't do that too often.

I also take her to the vet to get the hair inside her ear plucked. They do that so quick that she doesn't even realized that something had happened. I've done this twice in 10 months, and I think she may be due for another one soon. But I will wait for her next Vet's check up.

I don't want to ever shaver her totally, I love her long hair. When I take her for walks, she looks like she has a sexy maxi... I love it!!

-Raiza

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankiesmommy
I am currently having the same issue with Frankie; I wipe his behind with a baby wipe after he poops, .......else keep their baby's hair in that area?
Raiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!