View Single Post
Old 09-05-2008, 04:46 PM   #1
paulapoo
Blessed by Otis & Ollie
Donating Member

Default Otie puncture the web of his paw on the fence!

Otis runs up and down the fence line with his "girlfriend", the neighbor dog, Abbey. This evening they did what they normally do, but he started crying out. Terrified me. I ran to him and couldn't free his little paw from the fence. The bottom had punctured the web between his toes. After what felt like 5 minutes, probably only 30-45 seconds, i finally got it free. It show'd bloody, but didn't run blood. He's acting fine, but limpin a little and holds it up sometimes. He does put weight on it occasionally. I'm so paranoid. I ran cold water over it, as it was a little muddy in the place where it happened. And after he went outside for the final time tonite I ran cold water over it again. He licks it for awhile and then is okay. So hard not to panic over my baby. I know he's okay, I just have to watch and make sure he doesn't get infected. It was so scary. Any tips on what I should do to make sure it doesn't get infected. Don't want to put soap or antibacterial ointment on it cause he licks it. He ate, and is acting okay, just keeps it up and licking. Only putting it down every now and then.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!