View Single Post
Old 08-31-2008, 02:40 PM   #2
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Yeah, and it worked for Joey, I don't know why it works. When he was a puppy, his eyes would tear, and the hair under his eyes would be wet. We tried the distilled water, and after about three days the area was dry all the time. I kept using the water, and one day I noticed he was tearing again, and asked my husband if he had given Joey some regular water. The miracle of the whole thing is that my husband actually admitted he had. . Went back on distilled water and the eyes were dry again. Every month or so I would test and give him regular water because I just couldn't believe this worked, and he would tear up again. About the age of 8 months, I tested with the regular water and no tears, so he's been on regular water ever since. The food stayed the same so it wasn't that, the only thing that might of effected the test was we were using a stainless steal bowl, and switched bowls during this time, but I don't know if that effected results. If you test it make sure that you get distilled and not purified water. Walmart has a brand of bottled water that is distilled and sold by the gallon that can be used in baby's formula, so I assume it's safe for drinking, some distilled water might not be safe because there is no expiration date on it because it used mainly for appliances. The Walmart brand is only $1.00 for a gallon.

Tearing can be caused by other things, such as food allergies, but this is a relatively simple fix, and you should see results the first week if it's going to work.

Join today and remove this ad!