View Single Post
Old 08-30-2008, 06:49 AM   #10
tishas_star
Senior Yorkie Talker

I've found my dogs love Frank Sinatra, Sarah Brightman, Josh Groban, and Charlotte Church, but especially Old Blue Eyes. I just leave their music on really softly and they seem to enjoy it. Also you can buy like "feel good" pheromones for your dog that you plug into your wall outlet that is supposed to help. You might also try getting up early and taking her for a long long long walk and play time to help wear her out for the day. You might also talk to your vet about some anxiety medicine, have her thyroid levels checked, or even if it would be safe for her to take some Children's Benadryl when you are having to go to work to help her feel less anxious. Mine likes having a super soft fleece pillow in her crate that she "nests" in and I give her the big dog fluffy squeaky toys to cuddle in her bed (I only give them to her now b/c she originally took one of my big dogs' big toys when she was like 8 weeks old and keeps it to this day). But unless you catch her in the act all you will do is teach her to be fearful of you b/c she will associate the mess with you being angry, not her MAKING the mess with you being angry. It's like rubbing their nose in their piddle they just learn to HIDE it from you.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!