Thread: Blue Buffalo??
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2008, 06:24 AM   #2
yoyosmommy
Senior Yorkie Talker

My yo-yo's been eating Blue Buffalo for about a month. She seems to really like the food. She devours it down in seconds, but I'm changing her food to Royal Canin soon. I've heard good things about it, but it doesn't seem right for our Yo-yo as she's become really gassy. Don't know if its the food, but we're gunna try the Royal Canin and if she doesn't like it...She's going back to Blue Buffalo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tishas_star View Post
We live in a rural part of Missouri where there are no specialty dog food stores, and I am planning on putting Gwen on Blue Buffalo dog food, I was wondering if anyone else's Yorkie was on it, or had ever tried it? If they tried it and didn't like it are they normally picky eaters or did they just have an aversion to Blue Buffalo? I'm currently feeding her Purina puppy.....I know I know it's full of grains I didn't know that until after I had bought it...but she REALLY loves it, she even goes into the bathroom we keep her in when no one is home to eat it if you open the gate for her, just to eat it. She doesn't seems to be a fussy eater at all, the breeder had her on feed store puppy food when I got her so she eats pretty much anything, steals my other dogs' kibble for a treat when she gets freedom. I also mix canned in with her kibbleeen so she gets good amounts of protein. Also she's my first toy breed of dog and I was wondering at what age it would be ok to switch her to adult food so she can eat what my others eat (they are getting switched when they are almost done with their current food to Blue Buffalo as well). I know my Golden had to be on puppy food for a year and was wondering if Gwen should do the same. Oh! Gwen is 16 weeks old and weighs 5 pounds if that is any help.

Thanks!
yoyosmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!