View Single Post
Old 08-27-2008, 04:15 PM   #43
JeanieK
Donating YT 12K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlshAngel985 View Post
That's where I'm a little lost.
If the original Mr and Mrs Biewer claimed that in fact these are parti colored yorkies (I'm calling them partis because I am assuming these are pure yorkie lines) that have been bred to create their own unique line. Is that it?
Or is it that there was an accidental breeding with another breed of dog and that's were the Biewers came from?
I guess the question is, Is the term Biewer and Parti interchangable? Or are they actually something different?
Just to let you know, whatever the outcome, they both are beautiful!
Well a Biewer is parti colored, in that it is tri colored. But not all parti colored yorkies are Biewers. The Biewer had the same beginning, coming from two traditional colored yorkies, but mr and mrs Biewer developed their own line and named them after themselves. The German version of the AKC has different standards as far as developing new breeds, and they were able to start their own registered breed, calling them the biewer Yorkshire Terrier.

Now, at least one of the american Biewer clubs is trying to prove that the Biewers were not pure bred yorkies, that they had another breed mixed in. and the reason they are doing that is because the AKC standards for developing a new breed states that you can not just use a color variation of the original breed to develope a new breed.

But it is possible that some of the dogs that are being sold as Biewers today, did in deed have another breed mixed in, and are not from the original Biewer lines.

Last edited by JeanieK; 08-27-2008 at 04:17 PM.
JeanieK is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!