View Single Post
Old 08-27-2008, 12:32 PM   #25
Hannah3183
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellie May View Post
TLC, yes wet has to be changed to dry matter.
There is also a small amount of moisture in dry food and you can use the same equation to calculate it out but since there isn't much in it, it usually isn't necessary.

Zanders' Mom, the drugs used for liver compromised dogs are often just supplements and don't really have many side effects. Going with very low protein when it isn't indicated could be dangerous though.

Hannah3183, is the vet against a Protein C test?
Im kinda in a sticky spot with vets. Going back n forth between two at the moment. One is in my parents hometown which did the initial bile acid. The second is my vet here where I live. The one at my parents put her on the supplement since I couldn't reach my vet. I just now talked to my vet and updated her with what happened this week and she still seems to want to do an ultrasound. I then told her that i would prefer to put her on the denamarin and see how she does for about 6 wks then retest the bile acids. I said, if they come back high again..then i'll let you do the ultrasound. I thought id talk to her more after the repeat bile acid about some option other than the ultrasound. Is a protein C test invasive at all? Can they skip the ultrasound and go straight to that one? I was thinking I was going to recommend her do the scintography.
Hannah3183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!